The month of December marked the fifth straight month that CoveritLive has seen more than 38 million readers engage with CiL events. This installment’s infographic presentation explores December’s events that were highlighted by the 2014 World Cup Draw, severe weather coverage, NFL and NCAA football action, Yahoo India’s market commentaries, Bild’s coverage of The Hobbit movie premiere and more. Here is a peek at key data and highlights from the top events of the month. Read more…
By Spencer Kitley
CoveritLive wrapped up 2012 with its second look into the new month-in-review series that profiles key CiL usage from the previous month. This installment showcases a month that was headlined by a variety of breaking news stories, the Pacquiao vs. Marquez boxing match and the stretch run of the NFL season. The monthly numbers were somewhat distorted due to the Holiday season, but here is a look at key data and highlights from the top events of the month.
December by the numbers
• In December, CoveritLive events garnered a total of 12.8 million clicks. The click metric is defined as a reader that actively clicks into a CiL event.
• The single largest day by click volume was December 14, when 1.5 million readers clicked into CiL events.
• CoveritLive registered 46 million page views during the month.
• The average reader participated in a CiL event for 43.5 minutes during the month of December
• More than 12 million Tweets were pushed through CoveritLive events during the month.
• Yahoo’s live blog coverage of the Newtown, Conn. tragedy drew the largest readership of the month, informing 1,503,953 readers. Internationally, Yahoo Philippines held the largest event of the month, with an audience of 483,834 readers to its live Pacquiao vs. Marquez fight coverage.