By Spencer Kitley
The Apple media event to announce its new iPhone 5s & 5c on Tuesday, Sept. 10 was widely anticipated and more than 1.7 million technophiles all around the world followed CoveritLive live blogs during the announcement in San Francisco, Calif.
More than 70 publishers and blogs, including Yahoo, MacWorld, Bild, iLG Media, Aftonbladet, and MacWorld Sweden, used CoveritLive to live blog the Apple Announcement with photos and commentary from the invitation-only event.
• CoveritLive supported an audience in excess of 1.7 million readers during Apple’s announcement of the iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c and all of its latest phone technology.
• German publisher, Bild’s live blog of the announcement drew the largest audience of any event, attracting more than 617,000 readers.
• Yahoo’s live blog of the Apple release was the largest event in the United States and engaged with more than 350,000 CoveritLive readers.
• The top 10 live blog events attracted an average of 151,000 readers per-event.
• Readers that engaged in the top three Apple events stayed in the event for an average duration of 30 minutes.
• MacWorld and iLG Media’s iPhon.fr drew the third and fourth-highest reader totals respectively, combining to interact with almost 260,000 readers.
The event drew a large interest internationally and the number of CoveritLive blogs around the globe reflected the worldwide appeal of the event. German, Brazilian, Swedish, Italian, French, English, Canadian and Danish publishers claimed spots among the top 20 events.
CoveritLive once again proved to be the preferred solution for live blogs of all sizes during Apple’s iPhone announcement. The next time you need a real time live blogging, social stream, second screen or chat event solution, try CoveritLive on for size and see why it is the answer for so many others.