On Monday, Raycom media delivered firsthand live coverage of the United States Presidential inauguration ceremony to its member stations all across the nation. Raycom syndicated its live blog/Social TV coverage across more than 20 local television sites and engaged viewers in multiple markets as Barack Obama was sworn in for his second four-year term in office.
This week’s edition of the CoveritLive weekly Social TV rankings has a variety of international flair, showcasing many of the world’s biggest events. The ratings feature live coverage of the Monte Carlo rally race, the start of the National Hockey League season, Oprah Winfrey’s revealing interview with Lance Armstrong, Australian Open tennis action and the NFL Playoffs.
By Spencer Kitley
CoveritLive wrapped up 2012 with its second look into the new month-in-review series that profiles key CiL usage from the previous month. This installment showcases a month that was headlined by a variety of breaking news stories, the Pacquiao vs. Marquez boxing match and the stretch run of the NFL season. The monthly numbers were somewhat distorted due to the Holiday season, but here is a look at key data and highlights from the top events of the month.
December by the numbers
• In December, CoveritLive events garnered a total of 12.8 million clicks. The click metric is defined as a reader that actively clicks into a CiL event.
• The single largest day by click volume was December 14, when 1.5 million readers clicked into CiL events.
• CoveritLive registered 46 million page views during the month.
• The average reader participated in a CiL event for 43.5 minutes during the month of December
• More than 12 million Tweets were pushed through CoveritLive events during the month.
• Yahoo’s live blog coverage of the Newtown, Conn. tragedy drew the largest readership of the month, informing 1,503,953 readers. Internationally, Yahoo Philippines held the largest event of the month, with an audience of 483,834 readers to its live Pacquiao vs. Marquez fight coverage.
In the last several months CoveritLive events for major sporting events have shined bright, however, the 2013 Golden Globe Awards proved to be one of the brightest stars on Sunday night. In this week’s special Golden Globes edition of the weekly CoveritLive Social TV Rankings, five leaders in the entertainment industry attracted sizable audiences for their live coverage of the red carpet and award ceremony.
The 70th installment of the annual awards show saw more than 281,000 Social TV viewers log into one of CoveritLive’s Social TV experiences.
By Spencer Kitley