By Spencer Kitley
As Americans anxiously awaited the U.S. Supreme Court’s landmark health care ruling that carried implications for the lives of all Americans, an audience of almost 700,000 readers followed every detail of the ruling with CoveritLive on Thursday morning. The Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) Blog kicked off its coverage just after 8:45 a.m. ET and entertained readers with play-by-play coverage, insightful analysis and commentary for more than seven hours.
SCOTUS Blog Notables:
· CoveritLive supported an audience of over 700,000 SCOTUS Blog readers.
· The SCOTUS Blog was the second-largest domestic CiL event of 2012. (ESPN’s coverage of the NFL Draft ranked No. 1)
· The concurrent reader total peaked at more than 220,000 readers around 10:30 am ET.
· Readers engaged in the SCOTUS blog stayed in the event for an average duration of 48 minutes.
· More than 1.2 million visitors visited the page that hosted the chat and almost 59% of readers actively clicked into the chat.
· When the event concluded during its seventh hour more than 27,000 readers were still actively reading the blog.
The SCOTUS Blog’s audience ranked as the second largest domestic CiL event of 2012, trailing only the audience of almost 1.2 million readers that followed ESPN’s coverage of the 2012 NFL Draft in April. CoveritLive supported almost one million readers across 100 or more events Apple keynote announcements, but the largest single CiL event for any Apple announcement was MacWorld’s audience of 317,000 readers for the iPad keynote in March 2012.
CoveritLive is the preferred social solution for live blogs of all scopes and sizes. The next time you need a real time live blogging, Social TV or chat event solution, try CoveritLive and learn why it is the most trusted platform by so many.